View Single Post
Old 08-04-2012, 12:14 AM   #5
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by techiemonkey View Post
I think this is a fault on my part but I couldn't get gmplay to work.I put the files gmplay and gmplay.c in gmplay folde in extensions folder and clicked update launcher but there was no gmplay app on the launcher .Did I do something wrong or should I run it on xterm.if the answer is yes then what could should I type.I have only xterm because I couldn't get ssh/usb networking to work.
Read the first post where you downloaded gmplay. You need to use the commands shown to run a video, and that video file must be on your kindle (when using those commands). You do NOT need gmplay.c (the source code) on your kindle to play videos. You should be able to play videos from xterm. There are reports that you can also play them from a launcher, if you configure the menus properly. You do not need to decompress the video .gz files first. You can decompress them and pipe them directly into gmplay as shown in the example commands.

There are plans to add sound support to gmplay when I get some time. The sample videos provided are all (mostly) silent films.

Last edited by geekmaster; 08-04-2012 at 12:16 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote