View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 03:41 AM   #5
jonjbar
HelpNDoc Team
jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.jonjbar once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: iPad/Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ntsimp View Post
Windows only. No source code. Lame.
And the website's down.
This is understandable: I guess you are a Linux user using only free and open source software ? We believe open source is great but commercial software can provide some advantages such as better support and long term commitment. For HelpNDoc, we chose an alternative model where you can use it for free as long as you like without restrictions. If in the future you choose to sell your books/manuals/documentation created with HelpNDoc, then you can purchase a license. We believe this is a great alternative to restricted and time limited trial software while providing more support and long term commitments than open source and free software.

Also, we have had no reports of web-site issues and it seems to be working fine now. Perhaps it went down for a small period of time when you tried ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravensknight View Post
Ahh, no thank you. Sigil doesn't do that to my epubs, so I think I'll pass...
Fair enough but you could still try HelpNDoc as it is free for personal use and evaluation purposes. Perhaps you will find some useful features which will make you reconsider If not, then do not hesitate to contact us and share your thoughts on what we could do better: http://www.helpndoc.com/contact

Best regards,

John.
jonjbar is offline   Reply With Quote