View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Daffy4U,

A few weeks ago I decided to stop having my daily (printed) newspaper delivered to my breakfast table, and to look for an electronic alternative.

I described the options and my reasons, in the first post in this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63632

Today, I adopted a method similar to the one you describe, except that I read the paper on a laptop rather than on the Kindle (as I don't have access to Whispernet, it would be an extra step to transfer to the Kindle).

So far, the system has worked well. The only major glitch is that each article is followed by a long list of links to every other article, taking up seven or eight pages. I have to constantly page past this list, which is irritating. But in other respects, reading a digital version of the paper is so much more satisfactory than the old-fashioned way.
I remember your thread. I'm still learning to use Calibre and have barely scratched the surface of its power. I don't think I'll ever do a whole visual guide for it but Leep and I talked some time ago about adding some of the features of Calibre to the Visual Kindle Guide wiki. Newspaper subscriptions may be the feature to add (I just have to learn how to use it better before trying to teach others ).

Not taking away from Calibre have you also tried using MobiPocket Reader for newsfeeds read on the computer?
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote