View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #1
Turtle91
A Hairy Wizard
Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Turtle91 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 11/X/6/iPad 1,2,Air & Air Pro/Surface Pro/Kindle PW & Fire
Filename conventions for organization?

Hi,
I've been using a particular ebook reader app on my iphone for a couple years primarily because of it's ability to place books within folders and sub-folders. I carry around several hundred books at a time (yes, I know I'm weird ) and I like to be able to look them up by authors last name initial - then authors name - then series name (if any) - then book name listed in series order.

Unfortunately said app just doesn't support the formatting options I want to see, and doesn't support ePub very well in general. So it's time to move on.

My biggest question is: is there some sort of file naming convention I should use when I create ePubs?
e.g "LastName, FirstName MI - SeriesName Index# - BookName.epub"

Or is there an ePub ereader that will allow sorting/organizing the list based on the metadata inherent in the file - thus allowing a filename of "Bookname.epub"?

Cheers!
Turtle91 is online now   Reply With Quote