View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 03:30 AM   #8
HappyMartin
Martin Kristiansen
HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HappyMartin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle International Ipad 2
As far as theft goes I agree with Harry I'm afraid. If you don't like the purchase contract you have the right not to make the purchase and thats about it. In South Africa you cannot purchase from the itunes store due to the absence of a suitable international copyright agreement. At least this sems not to be an issue with e books other than the Sony reader being available only in the States.

I feel a lot of sympathy however for the irritation people experience over these issues. The result of the copyright laws seem to affect only the honest purchaser. The honest purchaser is in effect "collateral" damage in the war against piracy. It seems odd that the large corporations are so prepared to anger their existing clients rather than building on that loyalty to try and create a culture of respect for copyright. That is however their right and cant be used as an argument to go over to the enemy. This is all starting to sound like a counter insurgency war and that perhaps is the way it should be tackled. First rule would be to not alienate the civilians. Hope this is not all to obscure?
HappyMartin is offline   Reply With Quote