View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #1
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
New Amazon CS Phone call about the PW color hue defect (rep says they know about it)

I'm starting a new thread for this so those who are interested hopefully won't miss this post.

Well, I received a call tonight from Andrew from Amazon Kindle CS. I'm wondering if it is the same Andrew xendula has been speaking with, I believe it is, as he also mentioned calling me back on Tuesday, same as he's been calling back xendula.

I had a pretty thorough chat with him. He said he understands I have been having ongoing problems with my PW's and that I was unhappy. I don't know if I mentioned it on here, but I also sent a letter to Amazon detailing all of my problems saying how frustrated and disappointed I was. This may be why he called.

He asked me the issues and I detailed them all out. He said they now have a solution for the color hue problem. I then said, so Amazon is aware of the color hue defect then? To which he said, yes we are, that is why I'm calling you.

He said we now have a solution and I'd really like to send you another replacement to correct the problem so you can be happy with it. I relayed my previous CS experiences saying I was guaranteed good replacements and so forth and he said, he understands, but the issue has now been corrected.

So hmmm... of course I said ok I'll give another one a try. I figure I may as well give it a try since he is at least admitting they know the problem exists and saying they have corrected it.

I did also mention the fact that I was told by a previous rep that I only had until Nov. 3rd to return all the replacements and he did state that was their policy, but they would make an exception in this case.

He said he will give me a follow up call on Tuesday at 3pm to see if I'm happy with the replacement.

Soooooo.... I guess we shall see. At least I feel I am finally getting somewhere. At the very least, it was a relief to have someone at Amazon directly tell me they are aware of the color hue problem.

Last edited by sparklemotion; 10-25-2012 at 06:35 PM.
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote