View Single Post
Old 11-07-2013, 08:35 PM   #133
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
Well now owning a Kobo Glo (note not the Aura) and the new Nook I would say the Kobo has the better light although not by a great margin. Where the Nook shines for me is the fonts which appear crisper to me, the overall comfort and light feel and it is the best reader I have for daylight reading without a light.

Up until now I had always read with the light on when using a lighted reader day or night, but with the Nook I prefer to read with the light off during the day because the background is lighter and the text is very crisp and easy to read. It wasn't a feature I was looking for but now that I have it, I appreciate it.

I think the bottom line for the new Kindle, Kobo and Nook this year is, nobody hit a homerun but then nobody struck out either, they are all good readers with a few unique pluses and minuses of their own. I bought the Nook, I enjoy using it and hope those who purchased new Kindles or Kobos are enjoying theirs as well.
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote