View Single Post
Old 11-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xus View Post
Same problem here, using a Nexus 7.
At first I thought I understood this was due to Amazon Kindle for Android (K4A)'s poor design (the CC author's claim) so I gave it the boot. Good riddance.
However, with both FBreader and Adilko installed (and having no problem whatsoever to read the ebooks when I browse for them from within those apps), the "Read" button reacts just the same (the message mentioned above).
Frustrating.
This is frustrating for us (CC's developers) as well. Both my son and I have nexus 7s and we don't see this problem, so it is hard to know where to start looking for a fix.

I would ask the same questions as DoctorOhh, so won't repeat those again.

Three more questions:
- If you have a file manager installed, what happens when you attempt to open a book from it?
- Have you rooted your nexus 7?
- What language do you use on your nexus 7? (Shouldn't matter, but ...)

Expanding slightly on DoctorOhh's suggestion: uninstall fbreader, reboot your nexus, then reinstall fbreader. My concern is that something was wonky in the "mime table" (the table Android uses to associate file types to apps), and my hope is that a clean install after a boot will fix it.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote