View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 04:33 AM   #5
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funslinger View Post
What's wrong with left aligned text? I much prefer it to justified text. With justified text, the spacing between words differs from line to line. I find it much more pleasing to have a constant flow to the text rather than having to read out to the right margin every line because of extraneous spacing between words.

Justified text is really only necessary for multi-column pages where the right margin of the first column looks better if it is lined up vertical against the left margin of the second column. Other than that, justification is a joke.
different users, different preferences - I spent some time googling the topic when I made the earlier post - readability studies were inconclusive; I think that the majority preferred fully justified ( I know I do) as that is what paperbacks use.

anyway it is easy to change the stylesheet to suit your tastes. and current versions of calibre can remove all the extra css crap via an epub to epub conversion
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote