View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 12:11 PM   #3
tarvoke
Dog Dentist
tarvoke began at the beginning.

Device: PE, GT540, VM670, GOGHVMU, Qualcomm 1600
hmmm. some books work fine, others crash the kindle app, and others just get stuck in a download/open book/fail/download/open book/fail loop.

once the app is crashed or looping, opening it again it will only ever crash.

even though by default it does open to the home screen and not to the book that messed it up.

clearing the kindle app cache doesn't help, only clearing the data (meaning having to re-register - not great but not awful. guess I just need to start keeping track of which books won't work on my PE)

good news at least is that it did not freeze the PE, and so far I have been able to reboot with no sign of corruption ;-)

double hmmmm - it seems to be some combination of network connection and possibly the book cover images?

deleting an offending book from /sdcard/Android/data/com.amazon..../files/ (or even the entire 'files' folder) is not enough - if kindle had crashed once, it will still continue to crash every time it is run.

however, turning off wireless, it won't crash. and then I can run kindle, it doesn't crash, lets me select a non-crashing book, and then turn wireless back on.

also, if I leave wireless off, any crashing books that had previously successfully downloaded, will not crash the kindle app.

looping books are no good, because it's impossible to turn off the wireless at exactly the right time before it tries to download again.

I'll have to try simply copying the book files from another android device where I have kindle working 100%, I guess.

super-weird.
tarvoke is offline   Reply With Quote