View Single Post
Old 07-24-2013, 04:14 AM   #662
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by romanrdgz View Post
I am quite used to UNIX, and there is a limitation for kterm at my Kindle as I described.

When just opened kterm, ls command throws the content of /extensions/kterm/. If I go to parent directory with cd command, ls throws nothing. I am not able to see anything else from there, su I must type exit and start again.

I also noticed that there is no sudo command. Is it disabled? Am I the SU all the time when the Kindle is jailbroken?

Any idea? Kterm is not very useful like this, and I am not able to set the python path since I can't search it first.
There is no sudo because pretty much EVERYTHING on the Kindle runs as root... this has nothing to do with the jailbreak.

If kterm isn't working properly for you, try connecting via SSH.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote