View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 02:12 PM   #46
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by becky330 View Post
I am new to this and am trying to understand how to use the mobiunpack python script. I used calibre to convert a book I created from .epub to .mobi. I have installed Python on my Mac and when I run the mobiunpack.py then add my .mobi file in the terminal window, it says "permission denied". Why is it doing this since it is my file? How do I actually use the script???
Exactly why you're getting the error message depends on the exact command, and what permissions you have for the locations you specify.

I'd suggest forgetting the terminal, and use the Applescript application I've just uploaded here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...836#post774836

Just drag&drop the mobipocket file onto the script, and it'll decode into a folder in the same location as the file. The first time you run it it will ask you to find the copy of the MobiUnpack.py script you have on your hard disk.

If you have any further problems, just ask.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote