View Single Post
Old 03-10-2011, 01:37 AM   #74
bhartman36
Wizard
bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bhartman36 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi, Craig CMP738a Android Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by balloon View Post
Now I start confused what I have to do. All I did to my craig is to download custom ROM 4.2. What should I do next if I want to root android? Please let me know step-by-step because I'm new on android and try to learn more.

I tried to "Go Root" on Universal Androot V1.6.2 beta5, I got the message " you device is already rooted! Root again?" Should I go "Root me please" or "No"?

What should I do next?

Thanks.
1) For the 4.2 ROM, all you should need to do is to copy it to the root directory of your Craig via USB and unplug the USB cable. At that point, it should start updating.

2) If for some reason that doesn't work, you can flash it with the firmware instead. These are the instructions for doing that:

Recovery Instructions:

Quote:
1. Turn Power Off
2. Press and hold Power + Home Buttons and plug usb cable in
3. Run RKAndroidBatchUpgrade
4. Select original update image from first post
RKAndroidBatchUpgrade can be found in the rkutils.zip file where you found the images here.

Let me know how that works out for you. I'll give you any additional help you need.
bhartman36 is offline   Reply With Quote