View Single Post
Old 02-15-2011, 02:11 AM   #1
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
metadata download - overwrite vs add to...

a metadata search / download will overwrite most things - author, title, cover... but it adds to summary text rather than overwrites.

so it's easy to get long summaries with duplicate text. would it not be more logical to overwrite this data

e.g. I download metadata, decide I don't really care for the cover, or the summary, so I delete ISBN, and download again, this time choosing a different match from the screen of matches. ... summary gets added to....

I'm not a fan of tags & social data so dunno if they overwrite or accumulate.

it also seems possible to add metadata to 1st page of book twice, as the book progresses through various conversions., I have seen it several times, though I cannot as yet define the process which causes it to happen.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote