View Single Post
Old 12-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #10
rock
Addict
rock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic somethingrock has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Nook, Astak EZ Reader Pocket, iPhone 3g, Droid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
Rock,

You're right that the Graves book I mentioned is more of a reference work.

Have you considered taking a shot at Homer? The following thread might help you decide:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1244042
Of course, already have that though. I was looking for the stories, and most of the google stuff is horriblely formatted, and misspelled.

It maybe stories of God's and heroes, because I remember some drawings. Especially a Medusa one, as that stands out in my mind.

I had latin from 4th to 7th grade, and we read a lot of the stories.

Still love the NBC Mini Series The Odyssey. It was on Sci-Fi (now SyFy) a year ago in a complete sitting of four hours, and I watched it all. I really loved that, wish I could find that on DVD cheap, as I believe it is pretty expensive.

I actually ordered a hard copy of the graves book, I got the Complete collection, because I would like it as a reference. I also have the roman version of the odyssey (or was it iliad). Well not exact copy but similar, I forget the name starts with an A. Edit The Aeneid

Edit: Mythology! That was one of the ones we used for class. I wonder why that book NEVER came up when I did a search for Greek mythology! Edith Hamilton is definitely a pick up for me, though I doubt there is an E-book.

Though there is still another book I read a lot with drawings.

Last edited by rock; 12-02-2010 at 11:37 AM.
rock is offline   Reply With Quote