View Single Post
Old 05-04-2010, 02:59 PM   #12
MovieBird
TuxSlash
MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MovieBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: GlowNook
Quote:
Originally Posted by petermillard View Post
This piece suggests that Apple are making more money on iPhones than HP do on PC sales - a lot more - which is partly due, of course, to a general trend away from PCs as the 'PC business' steps into maturity/old age, but interesting nonetheless.
I'd wager that has more to do with PCs priced as commodities than anything else. Dell started a trend where PCs profit margins are razor thin, even more so than general already thin electronics margins. Most geeks that actually can use a non-shitty computer, build their own for much cheaper still.

When Apple makes more on iPhones than HP does on printer ink, then I'll be impressed with the gullibility of Apple fans. Right now I'm more impressed that people still buy printer cartridges to print cute pictures at home...
MovieBird is offline   Reply With Quote