View Single Post
Old 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #1225
sgoldin
SF/Fantasy Author
sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sgoldin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Adobe Digital Editions
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
It's not practical for me to accept every request or even get into a conversation with every author making a request, but once I've actually chosen to feature an author's work on my site I feel like I should make an effort not to be a total bastard just for a cheap laugh. I'm not interested in becoming a literary drag queen.
Great line. Speaking as an author, I always hope to get honest reviews, even if they're bad. They give me a person's reflection on what I've written, and how other people are seeing things.

It's fairly easy to spot the "literary drag queens." In those cases, when the reviewer is simply trying to sharpen their claws rather than give an honest opinion, I simply ignore the meat of what they say--if there is any--and see if they have any clever lines I can steal...er, borrow.
sgoldin is offline   Reply With Quote