View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #34
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahgem View Post
It's also supposed to be at some T-Mobile stores. I hear it's quite a bit more expensive there than at the Play store, though (assuming you want it unsubsidized, etc.).

I've had mine for just over a month now, and so far I'm thrilled with it. I was initially skeptical of the lack of SD card slot, but so far it's not a problem for me like it would be on a tablet. I don't put video files on it, and I use my nooks for most of my ereading, so I only have a few books on it at any given point. I have all of the apps I'm likely to need, unless I delve more into mobile gaming, and I've got 10 GB free still, so I'm more than content.
Overall, T-Mobile customers will pay more than buying directly from Google. However, when I went to my local T-Mobile store a couple of weeks ago, it was $99.00 down and then $20.00 a month for twenty months. So, the T-Mobile phone is less out of pocket, at least initially. Plus, the T-Mobile version runs on their 4G network while I think the unlocked version only runs on the 3G network.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
I'll have to look again. I was at my local BestBuy two weeks ago and they had no N4 to look at.
Best Buy won't have it. Best Buy doesn't sell unlocked phones in their stores and they only have a couple of low end, prepaid T-Mobile devices. I know because when I went to Best Buy to buy an unlocked phone (I was planning to travel out the country at that point), the salesman told me that they weren't allowed to sell unlocked phones. I think the only place you'll actually be able to look at an N4 is at a T-Mobile store.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote