View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 08:56 AM   #13
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
Other family members seem upset by the fact that I'm not easily on call. (To me, this seems like a good argument against getting the phone reactivated.)
I had a Blackberry cell phone, courtesy of a former employer. I managed to lose the first on on a trip, and made clear there was no hurry to get it replaced. When they did eventually replace it, the Telecom Manager sent a note saying "Now didn't lose this, Dennis!" I replied that I might test whether it failed the Drop Test (tm), survived a dip in a hotel pool, or functioned after being run over by an 18 wheeler. But losing the first was an accident, and those would be deliberate.

These days, I have a tiny low end Nokia on a prepaid plan. I can't read books on it, and don't want to. All I want it to do is place and receive calls. I do my reading on a PDA.

Quote:
All that being said, I wouldn't mind an all-in-one device. In fact, I miss using my Apple Newton for that purpose. But it didn't sync with my work calendar (viewable by my coworkers for the purpose of scheduling meetings), so I switched to a Palm Pilot... which is out of batteries at the moment and has been for quite a while.
Mine uses a rechargeable LiON battery, and lives on the charger at night.

It's the "all in one" aspect that does it for me. I need a device that does other things besides display ebooks.
______
Dennis

Last edited by DMcCunney; 07-31-2008 at 11:24 AM.
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote