View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #31
tron_1970
tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tron_1970 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
There are reports that Apple is having trouble getting enough "Fairy Dust" for its Baby Unicorn breeding program:
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-i...pliers-2012-10

I find this curious.
B&N (hardly a tech powerhouse) is pushing out an envelope-pushing 7 incher for $199 and Apple's supply chain (Mr Cook's forte) is having trouble with an 8incher that's going to sell at $250-300?
What, is the thing going to weigh 4 ounces and run 12 hours on a charge? (Roughly what it would take to get me to buy one instead of FireHD9 or Nexus 9)

BTW, there is now a rumor built around a picture of the Mini's headphone jack.
Yup, the headphone jack is newsworthy to Appleinsider:
http://appleinsider.com/articles/12/...appears-online
The "yield" problem may be due to a special screen size for the 7.85 inch iPad mini. It is the same problem that the iPad 3 had, when the iPad 2 was only a rumor one of the features was a high resolution screen but due to "yield" problems Apple couldn't get it done till the iPad 3.

I am guessing the resolution will be the same as the iPhone 5 and iPod touch. Since Apple is pushing developers to create specifically for the iPhone 5 resolution why have a different resolution for the iPad mini?

In terms of price, I think Apple will get rid of the iPad 2 and sell the mini for the same price as the iPad 2.
tron_1970 is offline   Reply With Quote