View Single Post
Old 08-26-2012, 03:52 PM   #86
Andrew H.
Grand Master of Flowers
Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andrew H. ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Kindle 3 (aka Keyboard), iPhone, iPad 3 (not for reading)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kumabjorn View Post
When I was a little girl a good friend of the family ran a record store down the street.
For some reason, I had assumed you were male. Although I suppose having been a little girl wouldn't rule that out. Although it would make it less likely, statistically...

On Topic:
E-books didn't affect my trips to the bookstore at all; they had already all but ceased due to Amazon.

My bookstore shopping was almost always characterized by repeated existential dilemmas: I'd see an interesting book and have to try and decide whether I should buy it based on the limited information available to me at the time - the cover, the back cover blurbs, the description of the book, and maybe reading a few pages. I hated having to make a decision based on such a small amount of information.

Amazon fixed all that; dozens or hundreds or thousands of reviews gave more information than I needed on a particular book...and if I ended up not liking something, I could easily find something else.

E-books are sort of like the icing on the cake - not only do I get the information I want from Amazon, but I can get the book itself faster than I could get in the car.
Andrew H. is offline   Reply With Quote