View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 12:56 AM   #1
Lianne
Nameless Being

Exclamation Tried to create 2nd library, now the original is MIA.

What I did exactly, tried to create a new library at a new location and then chose a new folder with different name. Damn what have I done. I searched the forum and saw this post.

Quote:
Yes - you can have a second library in Calibre, although in most cases it is easier to have only one physical library and create 'virtual libraries' by using tags.

If you have more than one library then every time you want to switch libraries you will need to go into the Calibre Preferences to switch to the alternative library. You can also specify the library to be used when launching Calibre by using "--with-library path_to_library_folder" as a parameter to the launch command.
Yet I see nowhere in preferences where I can just select the other library. I even looked for where my original calibre library was on my cpu and it is now gone and not in the Trash either.
WTF?

So since I see the new named library, is the old one just hidden and how do I switch it back again? Then the heck with a separate library I'll just use tags for it.

Last edited by Lianne; 08-14-2010 at 01:10 AM. Reason: typos