View Single Post
Old 10-31-2010, 08:25 PM   #5
lunixer
Addict
lunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-bookslunixer has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anarel View Post
I really liked the Farseer Trilogy, so I can't answer most of your complaints. It was long but yeah, I like long reads. He was a failure at being an assassin; ok, but I'm getting tired of epic bastard ninjas who fight for the royal family anyway, I liked it.

What I didn't like about the Farseer Trilogy was that Hobb seemed to have something against dogs... I swear she killed like five in that series.

There was a second trilogy that followed Fitz after the events in the first series, The Tawny Man, if you're interested... which you probably aren't. I was disappointed with Fitz after The Farseer trilogy, particularly with the way it ended, but I really liked the closure The Tawny Man gave.

I wouldn't give up on Hobb, either, I really loved the Dragon Keeper Series.
Oh, maybe I'll try Tawny Man. He might get a little better in that. I was just annoyed that he was so mediocre. I get it that not everybody can be a superhero, but other than being nice Fitz didn't have a single redeeming trait. He couldn't even decide to be loyal to either his wife or his king and kind of neglected both.
lunixer is offline   Reply With Quote