View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 09:58 AM   #1
GlenBarrington
Cheese Whiz
GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GlenBarrington ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, Samsung Tab A 10.1(2019), Pixel 6a.
What do you do for a living?

This question was posted on a Photography site I visit and it was not only popular and interesting, it generated numerous side dialogs on how photography fits into those professions and society in general. It seems to me this question would work on this site as well.

I'm talking about your primary source of income, not the profession you dream about.

I'll go first, I guess.

I'm a Teradata DBA and Developer. It's a database management system capable of storing and querying databases containing billions of records quickly and accurately. Particularly useful for Banking, Telephone, Insurance, & retail and hospitality industries; not to mention government. (have I sold out to 'the man', or what?)

Now that reader prices are starting to drop, I've been thinking of storing the enormous amount of PDF based documentaion on a cheap ereader that does PDF well, although the amount of documentation will require a strong search capability.
GlenBarrington is offline   Reply With Quote