View Single Post
Old 07-23-2010, 07:06 PM   #9
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacktanner View Post
Ah, then there is definitely a dataloss bug. From my orig. message: I have a 200 page PDF that is a combination of multiple smaller PDFs. The PDF that Calibre sends to the device only contains the first of these smaller PDFs, i.e., 15 pages, not the full 200 page ebook. I can send the full ebook somewhere if you want to try to reproduce the bug; it's 7MB.
If the PDF is a "portfolio" (an option available in Acrobat 9) or has attachments, those are not likely to be viewable third-party PDF viewers. The solution may involve extracting the PDFs and then combining them into a single actual PDF, instead of one with attachments or portfolio sections.

Acrobat Pro can do this; I have no idea if there's free or third-party software that can. At worst, the separate docs should be printable to separate PDFs, but that's definitely the slow, troublesome way to get them out of the combined package, and print-to-PDF may result in image files instead of reflowable text.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote