View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 06:24 PM   #2
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by luqmaninbmore View Post
Greetings,

I'm not trying to sound dense here, but now that I have this thing, what do I do with it? It did not come with any written instructions and none were communicated to me via e-mail. I've tried inserting it after I put the device into upgrade mode, booting the device with the SD card inside, popping the SD card in after its booted up and, finally, going into upgrade mode with SD card already inserted. Nothing. I checked the SD card; there's a whole linux file system in there, so its not blank. What do I do?

Luqman
well that's no good. Should have come with instructions. I'll make sure that's corrected for other customers.

Here's what you do (this will wipe your device, be warned)

1. Turn device off
2. Insert SD card
3. Hold down center dpad ONLY, and while holding it down, power up the device.
4. Wait until you see the 'Firmware upgrade' screen on the device and let go of the dpad.
5. Wait for the process to finish (it will say "Firmware installation complete" or something, I don't remember the exact wording).
6. Take out the SD card
7. Power up the device.

If your device is somehow frozen or won't turn off:
- Instead of using the power button, you can hold down center dpad and RESET with a paperclip, or hold down center dpad and PLUG IN TO CHARGER/COMPUTER.

Let me know how it goes.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote