View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 05:14 AM   #49
Mono
Mono
Mono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blueMono can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Boox M92
Quote:
Originally Posted by janek View Post
It looks like m92 is unable to read certain pdf files.
WARNING!!!!!
Do not try to open this file, if placed in storage of e-reader and have set option to open last file on device startup!!!!

You would end up in eternal loop. Device keeps on trying to open the file, but without result.

If you want to try, place file on SD card and/or switch off automatic openning last file used.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have finaly tried the file in M92. I opened the file 2 hours ago and pdf reader is still working to open it. The pdf reader did not crush until now, the hourglass icon (the circle) is changing to show the file is being openned.

I will wait a few more hours, if the file will be opened or not at last.

I guess, that Onyx (or Adobe SDK) tries to process the whole/most of file. If the result is 2 GB "working" pdf, than no wonder the reading process is veeeryyyyy sloooooooow. 2 GB pdf is probably beyond limits of the device.

EDIT:
5 hours - still working on opennig the file...
7 hours - still working on opennig the file... I gave up....

EDIT 2:
I tried to print file to pdf again and it was only 10 times bigger than the original one. Only 20 MB and not 2 GB (maybe because of changing the setup for printing in pdf reader from Document and comments to Document). But the printing process used full power of one core of PC processor for at least 15-20 minutes! My PC has 2 GB of RAM.

Resulting pdf is readable in M92 without problems.

So, in case of this kind of files, one can strip off the restrictions (which may be in some counties violation of the law) or print it with pdf virtual printer (I used Bullzip PDF Printer), which might require quite a bit PC power, but is not a violation of the law (to my best understanding of the law - I am not the lawyer...)

Last edited by Mono; 08-29-2012 at 11:20 AM.
Mono is offline   Reply With Quote