View Single Post
Old 06-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Iznogood
Guru
Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iznogood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, kindle paperwhite
I too have Finereader 10 and have tried Finereader 11 on trial. According to ABBYY it's more accurate, but I have not found anything to indicate that. It still produses many structural errors (breaks paragraph in several paragraphs) and it takes just as long to proofread.

The epub output is useless. You cannot tell it what elements you want in the toc, you cannot tell where you want to split the book in different files, and you have no controll over css. To generate epubs, it's best to export as html and edit in sigil. But exporting as .djvu is excellent.

I won't be paying for an upgrade, in my eyes it's not worth it.

Btw: OCR of gothic is not possible in Finereader 11 either. It's not a big point, but I'm just mentioning it
Iznogood is offline   Reply With Quote