View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 03:00 AM   #839
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
At least one person understands humor....
Don't hold it against Alex. When it it comes to Marvin, he takes no prisoners.....

I am in the same boat. I had stopped reading books for a while. Stanza really was the only decent book reader. There were a couple of promising apps out there like Apabi, Shubooks and Bluefire.

But the lack of any development work and the lack of reasonable features turned me off to most of them. Some, like Megareader, could not display italics for the love of Mike!!!!

Most others, despite my best efforts to find otherwise, appear to be abandonware. Bluefire is a particularly strange animal, as the developers simply don't seem to care for the book readers, which would seem to me, are the ultimate clients.

To my chagrin, I bought around 8 or 9 different apps trying to find something reasonable. In the end I was back to broken Stanza on IOS 6, which was a pain as I could not change settings.

Now, with Marvin, all is back to normal and even my wife is back to complaining that I read too much and pay too little attention to her. (yikes!)

All is good in my life again.....

Cheers

Art