View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 05:31 AM   #7
Cameronpaterson
Addict
Cameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura aboutCameronpaterson has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Glo, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by JedV View Post
Reading Life on the Kobo Touch has proven to be lame. There are broken awards, and ones that simply don't work on the Kobo Touch. It's a busted version compared to the smartphone/tablet apps. Moreover the semi-transparent crossover between the two systems is a fail in my opinion. I had the 20 badge award before I had 20 awards on the KT, later I realized it was because I dabbled on the Android app for 5 minutes and got myself 3 awards on my account.
It's certainly not bug free and it's pretty clear to me that iOS is the lead development platform for Kobo - all the new features appear there first and then limp through to the other platforms later. They even use iPhones and iPads in advertising images more often than their own readers! I also agree that the award system crossover doesn't really work. Not that long ago, awards were specific to each device, and that gave you the option to start over relatively easily. Now they're awkwardly synched across - although, oddly, the responses I am getting from customer services in response to my original question suggest they aren't aware of this! I am being told that all I need to do is factory reset my Vox to reset the awards! But of course, they'll just come trundling back in as soon as I reenter my account details....
There is even a feature on the Vox which supposedly allows you to clear your Reading Life awards - as detailed here:
http://kobo.intelliresponse.com/inde...on+my+Kobo+Vox
...but logically, this can only affect awards which have not been synchronised! (I should add that I haven't actually tried it yet....)
Cameronpaterson is offline   Reply With Quote