View Single Post
Old 09-06-2010, 12:39 PM   #21
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbebg View Post
Dear Mackx, dear all,

I still comparing the advantage comparing to version made for 1.71.
- Actually large files are opened faster; alternate pressing the tab increase speed.
I added an experimental mode to the 0.5 version that disables anti-aliasing, this improved the (loading/displaying) speed considerably, unfortunately it makes the scribbles 'jaggie'. I think most of the time is spend in the anti-aliasing. I do not really understand where the difference in opening speed between R1.7.1 and R2.0 comes from. I will put it on my todo list, but this will probably take a lot of time and switching between firmwares.
I will also check to see why the screen is not always correctly updated after the loading of a file.
Quote:
- The continue rendering the screen when a word with one movement is finished really disturb my scribbling. I have tow wait for a second that the rendering is finished, otherwise my pen doesn't leave track in a range of determine time.
Yes this has to do with the way xournal handles scribbles and the changes in the firmware for R2.0. The new firmware provides some functions that I may use to make the 'feeling' better. Otherwise I need to rewrite how xournal handles screen updates.
Quote:
- Fine pen track becomes almost invisible. Scribbling was more smoothly in 1.71 version.
Do you mean on the screen or in the generated pdf? I shall check this.
Quote:
Finally I am returning back to 1.71, fine scribbling in xournal is very important benefit for me.
Thank you Mackx for taking all efforts to improve the software. I just wish to encourage you, that you are on the right way and still asking why 1.71 is more suitable for xournal.

Thank you,
Regards
Jbbebg
Thanks for your feedback. Note that I am currently concentrating on the firmware updates so xournal updates are at a lower rate at this moment.

Regards,
Marcel.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote