View Single Post
Old 05-10-2013, 07:25 AM   #62
Quexos
Member Retired
Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quexos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I'm going to try a comparison with a television and a movie. Whenever I watch a movie, I like to see all my screen use for the TV's primary purpose which is to watch video. If and when I need extra information like the movie name, format, duration, clock and everything else available on screen, I push the specific button in my remote and bring that info on top of the picture, for a few seconds and when I'm done I remove it and continue watching the movie in the FULL space of the screen as intended. Anyone interested in all this "meta-data" at all times is free to leave it on while the movie plays and I'm fine with it even though it's not meant to stay on during the entire movie. But if I were forced to have all that data either superimposed or on some reserved space of my screen at all times, I would not be happy with it.
Now the only reason paperbacks (and hard covers) have page and title info at all pages is probably because one cannot turn it on or off, so if it was not on every page, there would simply be no option to see it at all.
Now with electronic devices it's like TV's, we should have access to that extra info but it should not be forced on the screen whose primary purpose is the text we wish to read. So forcing it makes no sense whatsoever, while making it optional would make everyone happy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I actually like the title (in smaller size) on top. It's nice for the balance since there's some kind of text on the bottom (page numbers and chapter titles in KePubs) as well. And I don't find it distracting at all. Normally I don't even realize that there is text.

Not that I need to be reminded what book I'm actually reading at the moment. But the display of the chapter name on the bottom (in KePubs at least) is really nice.
Quexos is offline   Reply With Quote