View Single Post
Old 05-02-2013, 06:20 PM   #1940
alansplace
Grand Sorcerer
alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.alansplace ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles K-2, K-KB, PW 1 & 2, Voyage, Fire 2, 5 & HD 8, Surface 3, iPad
Cool Codex Alera

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbertaCowboy View Post
Did anyone else find the first half or so of the first book tough to get through?
When I read the Codex Alera, I really had to slog it out for a while before I got completely hooked.
It's been a while since I read it. I read all six books straight through, back to back. But I do remember Furies of Calderon starting with Amara being kidnapped and placed in peril quite quickly, so I'm not sure I understand what your slogging it out was in reaction to.

alansplace is offline   Reply With Quote