View Single Post
Old 08-05-2012, 09:47 AM   #15
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I took my first step toward installing a new rom. I rooted my Fire and installed the Google store and apps. I wanted to unroot afterwards, but I can't seem to get OTA Rootkeeper to do anything.

According to this video I should be able to back up and unroot my Fire, but I don't have those options, only "Protect Root." I note that I don't have the 2nd and 4th options "Root Permission Granted" and "Protected: su copy available" checked on my device. I don't know if the guide I followed missed a step, or maybe I did, but I do have Google Play and Apps installed.

Edit: After a quick google it looks like KFU didn't install superuser. I got it from the google play store and it allows me to temporarily unroot the Fire, and OTA Rootkeeper show the 2nd box checked now, but it still doesn't give me the option to backup anything. It's not a huge deal. I still don't plan on watching anything on Amazon's Video on my Fire.

However, it's really nice to have YouTube sign into my account and connect with all my subscriptions. Also being able to use the same Gmail app on my phone and my Fire is nice. I'm still trying to decide which Rom I'll use, and if I really want to do that.
I use OTA Rootkeeper to temporarily unroot, and I can still watch Amazon video and freely change my wallpapers and have them stick!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote