View Single Post
Old 07-13-2013, 11:17 PM   #242
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
I was thinking of making a "How To" thread for having both Koreader and Nickel on a Kobo device, without conflict. I also only have an AuraHD, but the Mark 4 devices are all running under the same Kobo firmware. The Koreader port is also common to all the Kobo devices. So, the basic use of sergeyvl12's Launcher and Giorgio's Koreader port should be pretty straight forward and certainly should work on all the devices.

The hacking of the Koreader internal files to change menu font sizes and allow for showing hidden files in the File Manager that you see in the last couple of pages of this thread, are not all necessary to get the programs working. The hidden file hack is needed if you wish to have a large library of thousands of ebooks on your external uSD card and not have Nickel trying to Process the content, forever.

Before I try to put it all together in one mostly coherent "How To" I thought that I should wait until Giorgio gets back from holiday. Also, I want to see if sergeyvl12 or XOR_ can make a selection menu that allows a branching to either his Launcher menu or Koreader. That way we get around the weird corruption that Koreader gets when launched from the Launcher menu, and still have access to the rest of the Launcher functions and games. Right now I am using his launcher with the script modified to start Koreader, instead of the Launcher menu.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 07-14-2013 at 01:16 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote