View Single Post
Old 06-02-2013, 01:27 AM   #1
fung0
fung0 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung LTE
Sigil 0.7.2 won't run on Windows 7 64-bit

I'm getting pretty discouraged. I was using Sigil 0.60 64-bit very happily. I uninstalled it and installed 0.7.2 32-bit... but have never been able to run it. When I launch 0.7.2, either from its own icon or by double-clicking an epub, I instantly get a message from Windows saying that "Sigil has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program."

I've tried just about everything I can think of. Searched the Internet high and low for similar reports. Nothing. Uninstalled, reinstalled, at least a half-dozen times. No help. Deleted my Sigil config folder in AppData. No help. Tried running the installer with administrative rights. Same result.

Just for the 'fun' of it I tried installing 0.7.1. That didn't work either. Then I tried 0.6.2. Sonofagun... that version works just fine. I uninstalled 0.6.2 and tried 0.7.2 again. Nope, still no luck. Clearly, this is a problem with Sigil 0.7.x. The Qt 5 installation dialog doesn't appear with version 0.6, so that's where I'd place the blame at this point. But that doesn't get me any closer to a solution.

This is ridiculous... I'm running Office, Adobe Creative Suite, any number of major applications with no problems. Sigil should be low-impact, by comparison. Any theories? Any suggestions on what else I can try??

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit. Intel Core i7, 16GB memory.

Thanks!
fung0 is offline   Reply With Quote