View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 03:02 AM   #27
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Interesting you should make that claim since ghosting is inherent to all eInk devices -- even eInk corporation admits that though stating the newer displays can go longer between refreshes and the refresh is faster with the caveat that the speed depends on the supporting electronics. The Sony PRS-T2 refreshes every 15 pages and after 10 pages the ghost images of previous lines show quite noticeably when the new page has white space where previous pages had text.
I'll take your word for it.
But today, being curious, I asked several different people to look at my e-reader, people who normally don't use it, and none could see any ghosting or flashing. I guess we're just lucky, huh? But at the same time, ghosting was VERY obvious to me when I picked up both the Kobos in the shop. So much so that I quickly decided against them. The price was good. The size and weight was great. But I didn't like what I saw on the screen. I liked the Kindles and Sonys better. They didn't show me any ghosting or flashing. Sorry... maybe I just go used to it too quickly? Like before the first page?

Stitchawl

Last edited by Stitchawl; 01-12-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote