View Single Post
Old 12-21-2012, 08:31 AM   #15
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank's View Post
Ok I see, maybe the software is not made for the regular user, but may I ask a simple question; even I try hard I don't understand why there are all kinds of awesome functions and plenty of buttoms for changing text to fat, cursiv, strikethrough and even low + high-positioned..., but missing out a simple buttom for just highlighting text for example in yellow?
Sigil's intended for the creation/editing of ePubs. Nothing more, nothing less. That's not to say you shouldn't use it for other purposes if it fits your needs, but quite frankly, there's no real pressing need to create ePubs with pre-highlighted text (colored backgrounds). I'm assuming any such highlighting would be very personal/subjective based on the person reading it. As I said, that's usually a function of the reading app/device. I can't think of any ePub I've read that was pre-highlighted in such a way. All the other formatting features are fairly commonplace in finished ePubs/HTML. The formatting buttons provided by Sigil are fairly common and consistent across all WYSYWIG HTML editors. As I said before; I don't personally know of any HTML editor that provides a button for such a feature.

Last edited by DiapDealer; 12-21-2012 at 08:36 AM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote