View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 AM   #53
markino
Connoisseur
markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.markino is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
In the current library list, I would like to be able to not show books based on certain criteria. The simplest is to not show finished books. Or only show unread or only reading. Or filter based on type - only PDF or only epub. Or only in main memory or only the SD card.

This separate to search. Search looks for books with a set of criteria, but that is only based on name, author and (in 2.2.0) series. Having an advanced search with the options above would be good as well.
Well, I do know what filtering is

I suppose what I'm really asking is what kind of interactive UI would allow you to achieve this in a usable form. Checkboxes or something? I could see that working for an advanced search page, but not so much for a main library list. Whatever the UI, it would have to be pretty simple and quick, otherwise you might as well just go through the search system.

Unless you mean separate lists of all of those things, in which case you're talking about something like different views rather than filtering per se, and you wouldn't be able to combine filters...
markino is offline   Reply With Quote