View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 04:11 PM   #31
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shykat View Post
Does anyone know the maximum number of books that ShuBook will hold?
I had considered dumping 1000 in to see what would happen normally I dont carry more than 10 or so, if I am being indecisive about what I want to be reading. I used to carry hundreds, but since beginning to really make use of Calibre and Dropbox, I dont feel the need to carry everything with me.

[edit] I have a 3GS so all comments should be read with that in mind... its got a slower CPU and less RAM than later models. I loaded >500 books then stopped to see how the app would behave. The actual import from itunes (I chose the drag and drop method, rather than use Calibre which is another option) was speedy, and easy. With all those books on board, the app was still fast to open. Where I got slowdowns was in scrolling the list, or checking in author pages which books, and in opening and reading books. Page turns were very slow, whereas normally they are FAST. I wont be adding any more, there will come a point soon where the phone will freeze, but still, I would say with a decent phone and enough RAM (ie 4S or 5) you could easily have 1000 on board and never see any lagging. Also, the only other app I would load that many into would be Stanza. ... Bluefire and the others simply cannot manage the load.

[edit #2] I tell a lie. Just in the process of deleting most of the books, and find that I actually loaded close to 800.

Last edited by kyteflyer; 09-30-2012 at 08:40 PM.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote