View Single Post
Old 09-09-2012, 09:01 AM   #40
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I think the reinstitution of price competition will serve to cement Amazon's dominance with the kindle. Not only is the kindle widely available, you can bet Amazon will match anyone on price.
One of my collegues (who is everything Apple) said this is a sad day for the quality of books. I understand that this decision may end author advances, but authors should still be able to make money. And given that Fifty Shades has been at the top of the NYT bestseller list for a long time, I think we can say that agency pricing is not a barometer of quality in the written word.
Under the Conspiracy and MFN, Amazon matched anybody on price.
And better'ed them on services.
After the conspiracy, they can match anybody on price. They can also strategically undercut anybody *if* needed. That is the biggest change. And it is a conditional change.
The sky ain't falling on the hyper-ventilating traditionalists.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote