View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 06:06 AM   #28
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighRoadToTibet View Post
Interesting...what do you mean exactly by "offer a bit of themselves"? You mean by forum participation and helping others that need advice, that kind of thing?
John
[You caught me editing a bit of my own post, when I saw your comment.]

I mean humanizing themselves first as an individual and second as an author with an exciting book to read - and not someone simply selling something and then disappearing until the next 7 days (to again post).

Participation and helping others is, as you point out, also an important aspect of getting recognition here and with getting interesting comments on one's self-promotional posts.

Authors [here on MobileRead] sometimes get so caught up in The Promotion that they fail to get out of that mode. What this means, in my opinion, is that they become a non-participant in our Community and, in the long run, fail to become a part of our Community.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote