View Single Post
Old 05-15-2013, 10:01 AM   #1
Naloomi
Building Better Worlds
Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.Naloomi is no e-book dilettante.

Device: PRS-600, 3G Kindle Keyboard, iPhone 5S, iPhone 6+, Paperwhite 2
Avoiding the 'Horizontal Lines' on my Kindle Keyboard

Hello all. My 'good' Kindle Keyboard is currently missing (been missing for a couple months). In theory it is in my house 'somewhere' but only those omnipotent beings would have a clue. Went to buy the Nook ST from RadioShack last week, but everywhere I went was told 'we don't have any in stock', 'when they went clearance I bought them all up to sell on ebay', etc etc etc. So, I thought I was out of luck reading wise (I have an iPad but I really don't like reading on LCD, hurts my eyes) since I am not lucky enough to get any of the awesome e-reader deals of late.

That was until an awesome friend of mine gave me her old Kindle Keyboard. She stopped using it and bought a paperwhite (which she LOVES) because there are 2 horizontal lines right through the 'middle' of the screen that block everything out beneath them.

I've done some basic troubleshooting, all for naught, and Kindle support says they'll 'give' me a Kindle xxx for like $10-$20 off their refurb prices (not much of a deal if you ask me since you can usually find them from other e-tailers for the same price they were offering me) if I send this one in.

Since the basic troubleshooting has not worked, I was wondering if there is a 'hack' out there that would let the ebooks completely 'avoid' that section of the screen. I can change the font size to make it 'readable' to some extent at the least. If there isn't any way around this, I can live with that. I was just hoping someone here might know how so that I can get buy until able to get a new e-reader or until I find my old Kindle Keyboard.

Chris
aka Naloomi
Naloomi is offline   Reply With Quote