View Single Post
Old 11-16-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowi View Post
I can't find where someone posted about adding a screen filter. Can someone walk me through how to do that (I already downloaded the apk file and installed the app that shows all the folders ... but I don't have a mini usb cord. Any way I can email it to myself and get it on the Fire that way?

So far, I am a bit less than impressed. It's "OK" but the web browsing is not as responsive as I had hoped. I have an iPad 2 and an iPod Touch 4 to compare it to. If I can get the brightness thing under control, I think the iPad 2 will be my preferred web-browsing device, my iPod Touch preferred for listening to podcasts and reading at night side-lying (I LOVE LOVE it for that - don't need anything bigger - maybe a 4.5" screen would be perfect if they ever increase the size, but otherwise, it's great. Also love my iPod Touch for the bathtub (I've got a waterproof case). The only thing I think I'd prefer the Fire for is reading *sitting up* at night - IF I can get it dimmer.

Funny, I just posted on another thread disagreeing that the night mode would be hard to read at night - NOW I see maybe where the person's problem was - maybe on a device that won't get dim enough, it's not comfortable on the eyes. On my iPod Touch (gets nice and dim), I love reading on the night mode in complete darkness. On the Kindle Fire it was WAY too bright in darkness - even in a dim room it was too bright.
It's on this thread I wonder if Quick settings will work on the Fire is has a way to go dimmer then default settings as well. I use it on my phone.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote