View Single Post
Old 09-01-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
bevdeforges
Addict
bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bevdeforges ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Sony PRS600B; Sony 350; Sony T-2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeckledJim View Post
I've noticed that my US and UK amazon accounts which shared the same email address but had different passwords now share one password. Is this Kindle related? It's not exactly a problem, I guess some people may find it convenient having one less password to remember but frankly I'd rather it was left up to me whether I wanted them that way.
Just out of curiosity, did your two amazon accounts also share the same credit card?

I only ask because a German friend of mine, who lives here in France, insists that amazon.co.uk won't ship English language books to her here in France because she uses her German based credit card for the account, and so she has to use amazon.de and have the books shipped to a family member living in Germany.

This seems weird, though it's possible they are tightening up their accounts due to the Kindle store in the UK now. But I've got a single account for amazon in the US, UK, France and Germany. I do have three different credit cards - one each from the US, UK and France - and when I go to check out, they normally have the credit card from the appropriate country as the default. But I've bought books from Amazon Germany (in German) and received them here in France, paying with my French credit card.
bevdeforges is offline   Reply With Quote