View Single Post
Old 10-01-2007, 02:47 PM   #20
delphidb96
Wizard
delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphidb96 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: TWO Kindle 2s, one each Bookeen Cybook Gen3, Sony PRS-500, Axim X51V
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I suspect we can argue the merits and demerits of DRM without any results for the rest of our lives without doing any good. DRM is basically required by most publishers and all major libraries supporting ebooks. DRM is in the OS I buy and the audible books I buy and in many programs and gps maps as well. Even my Bible study program is heavy into DRM. It seems to be a fact of life but some implementations are better than others.

A good implementation is not time limited (except for libraries and samples). can be migrated to follow-on devices (and supported on more than one device simultaneously) and can survive computer crashes. And in some cases it can even be sold or willed. Perhaps we could move the discussion to the best implementation and then finally to removing it in some cases.

Dale
DRM is bad, yucky, filthy and ultimate EVIL! Not only that, it practices unsafe sex with poxed, underage whores!

Be that as it may, I tend to think we're stuck with the task of tongue-kissing it in the hopes the toad will turn into a prince.

Derek
delphidb96 is offline   Reply With Quote