View Single Post
Old 03-04-2008, 01:19 PM   #7
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
I married a luddite.

My wife reads with twice the voracity I do but fortunately she is a confirmed luddite.

When I leave my kindle on the counter she picks it up with two fingers and seems to regard it with the sort of contempt usually reserved for things one pulls from the bathroom sink hair-trap.

She may be warming up to it though. She picked it up a few days ago and said "I thought you HATED Emily Dickens" I told her that It's not so much that I Hate Emily as it is I feel less like vomiting when I'm not reading her poetry and that the portrait of E.D. was just a random screen saver image that came with the device. She snatched it up and got it out of the screen saver mode and then just sat it down and walked off. About six hours later she asked me "Why the hell does it need a screensaver if it's got an e-ink display that does not get burn-in or draw any power?" I said I thought it was to prevent unintentional button presses. She looked left, back at me for a second, looked down, sighed, and looked back at me and said "What?" while shaking her head in a way that seemed so wise that it made me want to be a luddite too. For a second.

Later, I tried to tell her how cool it was and how much money I would be saving on books and she asked me how much it cost so I told her how beautiful her eyes were and asked her where she wanted to go for her fifteenth wedding anniversary...

Last edited by jacksonunit; 03-04-2008 at 01:21 PM.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote