View Single Post
Old 12-31-2011, 06:03 PM   #97
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by tponzo View Post
This sounds exciting. I've read parts of the Iliad but never read the entire thing so would like to join you. Besides it fits my goal to read 100 never before read books. Happy New Year.
Wecome aboard, tponzo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyssa View Post
Any real interest in tackling the Odyssey as well?
After we read the Iliad, we can see if there's any interest. I think the Odyssey is a more fun read. And then we can forge on to the Aeneid!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaenSidhe View Post
Issybird, what version of the Iliad will you be reading?
I had thought I'd read the Lattimore translation, but then I decided on the Fagles (which I ordered in DTB). If I stumble across my Lattimore copy (I think there's one around here somewhere, left over from my college days) in the next few days, I'll read a few pages of each and then decide. I know several will be reading one of the public domain translations available here at MR. It will be interesting to see how the texts differ and to get a sense of readability.
issybird is online now   Reply With Quote