View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 02:23 AM   #1
pchrist7
Addict
pchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animalspchrist7 is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: Kindle 3 3G+Wifi, Oasis
Question Req Help with "strange" search

Hi All Gurus
Hope some of you can help with this.

I always use newest Calibre, have a K3, always fetch annotations, and have collections on K3 by Author. Using the Kindle Collections plugin, I import K3 collection to custom column #k_collection.

What I've been strugling with is this (hope it makes sense, still thinking ):

I'm looking for a search/method of identifying books in Calibre, who's Author already is/has a collection on K3, BUT only the books that are not loaded on the K3

Why ? Have 1700 books in Calibre, 185 Authors, 1056 books (so far) on K3. Having to go through all authors in calibre to check this is ... boring. I'm lazy

Also I imagine my library to expand in the future, hehe

Hope this makes sense and is understandable ?

Ex.: Author AAA now has 12 books in Calibre, but 3 months ago I had 3 and sent them to K3 and created Author collection. Well, that was 3 months ago, so I might not remember
A "supersearch" would tell me that Author AAA has 9 books in Calibre not yet sent to K3, But ONLY because collection/author AAA is on K3 already.

I don't care whether K3 has to be connected or not during this search.

I was thinking something like:
if ondevice=true, "find unique" author/collection, for each "unique author/collection" find in calibre ebooks NOT ondevice
(alternatively #k_collection could be used instead of ondevice ?)

But my brain get's fried at this point.
Don't know if it's possible, but would like to find out.

Thanx to all fellow members, for help and inputs.

Have a nice weekend/summer
Per

Edit: Just spotted that a new entry popped up in "the left pane (windows) called K Collection, containing a list of collections on my K3 (only because I imported them)
Hmmm, I wonder ... if that might help.

Last edited by pchrist7; 07-10-2011 at 02:29 AM.
pchrist7 is offline   Reply With Quote