View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 08:10 AM   #182
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuskyRose View Post
That's not all that many books compared to many. I keep about 2,000 on mine as a limit because that's what it seems happiest at. You can certainly get more on it before it you see it start to have problems. 3,000 -4,000 just seems to be when it starts to lose it.

When it starts to have problems it's not about being slow, it's about the firmware locking up, processes having to stop, and getting a fully black screen when trying to navigate from an open book back to the main menu.

You also have to work with it for a while. It doesn't happen every time, but will happen several times during a week.

If you're lucky, it won't happen, but I'm not the only one to have this problem with very high numbers, on all of my T1's and T2's.
I have had this happen a couple of times(black screen etc.). I find that if I eject the T1 from calibre after loading books, then plug it back in without connecting so it doesn't go to sleep while processing the content that it behaves better. Could be coincidence, but seems to work.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote